Adam Kendall Abplanalp, CPA
President and Chief Executive Officer
I’m passionate about helping clients succeed – whether that means bookkeeping, serving as a business advisor, or chatting over coffee to get to the bottom of their stories. I thrive on building relationships with clients and providing unique and creative solutions. That’s why I started The Cobalt Group in 2015.
My background includes serving as chief financial officer of several different start-up and established small businesses. I also worked in the financial services industry, where I did internal audit, risk management, information security, and fraud management work. I graduated from the University of Oregon in 2007 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
While I have specialties in the financial services, real estate, property management, and hospitality industries, I’ve also worked with startups in a variety of different sectors.
At The Cobalt Group, I oversee the company’s accounting, tax, business consulting, and real estate and investment consulting practices. My focus is ensuring that we have the people, infrastructure, knowledge, and expertise to help our clients succeed every day. But I don’t just oversee the company – on any particular day, you might find me doing bookkeeping, preparing a tax return, working on a project for a client, or meeting with people to brainstorm creative solutions to their business problems. I’m usually around the office, and I love when clients stop by to chat.
When I’m not in the office, you might find me traveling around the world, flying a Cessna 172 (I just got my private pilot license), reading Latin classics, historical fiction, Chinese history, or anything in between, or studying just about anything I can find.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Oregon and Washington
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Oregon Licensed Property Manager #201211529
- Washington Licensed Principal Broker #26382
- QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Oregon Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (OACFE)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Rental Housing Alliance Oregon (RHA)